PLAN YOUR MEALS
- Most unhealthy eating decisions happen when you don’t have a game plan. You’re hungry and you want something quick so you order a pizza. Plan ahead so you won’t be tempted to make those rash, unhealthy decisions. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Maybe this means cooking & freezing your meals at the beginning of the week. Or maybe you’d rather cook every other day, and make enough so there’s enough leftover for lunch. Find what works for you.
BUY HEALTHY SNACKS
- If you know you’re going to snack, snack smart. If you don’t buy unhealthy food, you won’t be able to eat unhealthy food. Make smart shopping decisions and look for healthy alternatives for you guilty pleasures.
GET IN SMALL DOSES OF EXERCISE WHENEVER YOU CAN
- Take a walk during lunch. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park a little further away from your office. Do a small workout before bed. Get a personal trainer to help you organize your workout. Whatever it is, pick a time and stick to it.
- This one is self-explanatory. Drinking water is perhaps the most important tip when it comes to being able to maintain healthy habits. Try to drink water all throughout your day. Keep water on your desk and by your bedside. If you’re thirsty, drink water instead of soda or sugary juice. Not only does drinking water stimulate weight loss, but it is great for your skin, digestive system, and circulatory system too.
- A big part of being able to maintain healthy habits during the day is regulating how much sleep you get during the night. Getting enough sleep is a great way to make sure that you have maximum productivity during the day. Sleep directly affects your energy level and not getting enough sleep can make you more susceptible to getting sick!
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- Download a pedometer app to encourage you to take more steps during the day. Add a meal tracker to your phone. Keep a food diary to help you track your healthy decision-making. Your past decisions can help you plan effectively and quickly for the future.
Mfitness is committed to helping our clients to develop and maintain healthy habits no matter where they are in life. We work hard to providing our members with the tools and motivation they need to succeed. Call us now to get set up with a personal trainer! (626) 376-0296!